Ivey extends safer-at-home order to July 31 at 5 p.m.
An amended Safer at Home Order has been applied statewide, according to Gov. Kay Ivey’s office.
The announcement on June 30 extends the current order, which took effect on May 22. The current order was expiring this Fri., July 3, at 5 p.m., but has been extended to expire July 31, 2020, at 5 p.m.
What’s staying the same
• Individuals – Encouraged to stay home and follow good sanitation practices;
• Employers – Businesses may open subject to sanitation and social-distancing guidelines, including certain higher-risk businesses and activities remain closed;
• Retail stores – All retail stores open subject to 50 percent occupency rate, social distancing and sanitation rules;
• Medical procedures – Allowed unless prohibited in the future by the state health officer to preserve resources necessary to diagnose and treat COVID-19, providers must follow COVID-19 related rules nad guidance from state regulatory boards or public health authorities;
• Senior citizen centers – Regular programming still suspended except meals still available through curbside pick up or delivery;
• Hospitals and nursing homes – Still must implement policies to restrict visitation
• Restaurants, bars and breweris – May open with limited table seating, 6-feet between tables and subject to additional sanitation rules and guidelines;
• Beaches – Open with no limit on gatherings. Participants must maintain 6-feet of separation.
• Close-contact service providers – Close-contact providers such as barber shops, hair salons, nail salons, tattoo services may open subject to social distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines;
• Athletic facilities, such as fitness centers and commercial gyms – Athletic facilities may open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines.
•Entertainment venues, such as arcades, theaters and bowling alleys can open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines;
• Athletic activities are open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines;
• Educational institutions are open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines;
• Child daycare facilities open subject to social distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines; and,
• Summer camp remain open with rules and guidelines available