ADPH announces KICK COVID campaign
The Alabama Department of Public Health announced today a partnership with Bruno Event Team to launch the KICK COVID vaccination and testing campaign.
The objective of KICK COVID is to promote vaccinations and education regarding vaccine efficacy by leveraging the state’s passion for college football.
The statewide campaign will offer COVID-19 vaccinations and testing in prominent locations at select home games for each FBS / FCS football program this fall. Each school will have a dedicated promotional campaign targeted to both fans and students. Student athletes will be a significant part of the campaign messaging and promotion.
State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris said, “With the highly contagious Delta COVID-19 variant circulating, and cases, hospitalizations and deaths increasing, we continue urging all eligible people to be vaccinated as quickly as possible. These new and popular venues will provide additional opportunities for people to learn more about the virus, the vaccine, and receive testing and vaccine on-site.”
“This is a tremendous opportunity to utilize the power of college football as a platform for promoting the need to get vaccinated,” said Bruno Event Team CEO Gene Hallman. “The 2020 season was lacking the passion that comes from large crowds cheering for their favorite team. We need to do everything possible to ensure players and fans can safely return to stadiums to experience college football as we know and love it.”
Participating schools and dates – *subject to change
· University of West Alabama vs. North American University, September 16
· Jacksonville State University vs. University of North Alabama, September 18
· University of South Alabama vs. Alcorn State University, September 18
· Alabama State University vs. Bethune-Cookman University, September 25
· Auburn University vs. Georgia State University, September 25
· Miles College vs. Central State University, September 25
· Samford University vs. East Tennessee State University, September 25
· University of Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi, September 25
· Tuskegee University vs. Edward Waters College, October 2
· UAB vs. Liberty University, October 2
· University of North Alabama vs. Campbell University, October 2
· Alabama A&M University vs. Jackson State University, October 9
· Troy University vs. Liberty University, October 9
For more information regarding the KICK COVID Program, visit https://www.kickcovid19.com/